Monday, October 24, 2011

Dean Crawford's "Covenant"

Dean Crawford worked as a graphic designer before he left the industry to pursue his lifelong dream of writing full-time. An aviation and motorcycle enthusiast, he lives with his family in Surrey, England.

Here he suggests a couple of actors who might play the lead in an adaptation of his new book, Covenant:
Funnily enough, a copy of my debut novel Covenant is in Los Angeles at the moment! Although I did not write the novel with a film in mind, as the movie would have to look very different from the book, many readers have told me that it would make a great film.

I’m a die-hard Harrison Ford fan but as the hero of the novels, Ethan Warner, is in his thirties, I could see Hugh Jackman playing the role. He’s got that almost ordinary-guy-in-the-street look about him, but also looks like he could do some damage if he got angry enough. My editor mentioned Kiefer Sutherland as a possible lead a few months ago. I try to write Ethan Warner as human as possible, not one of these indestructible James Bond type characters, so any actor in the role would benefit from appearing slightly vulnerable, the reluctant hero.
Learn more about the book and author at Dean Crawford's website and blog.

Writers Read: Dean Crawford.

--Marshal Zeringue